So you want a lightweight 308AR/AR-10 style rifle. Well DPMS has redesigned their LR-308 308AR platform ad created some pretty light rifles, in the 7 pound range in their new GII series. They have also increased the parts compatibility with the AR-15 but that is a story for another day.
The GII MOE Carbine is for the .308 shooter who wants certain enhancements. This rifle, along with the AP4, is the lightest model GII rifle, coming in at 7.25 lbs. Add in the complete MOE furniture kit and you have one badass enhanced carbine that will turn heads at the range.
- CALIBER: 308 / 7.62 Nato
- LENGTH: 34.25″ (Collapsed)
- WEIGHT: 7.25lbs
- BARREL: 16″ Lightweight 4150 Chromelined
- UPPER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 lvl 3 Anodized, Teflon coated, A3 type
- LOWER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 lvl Anodized, Teflon coated
- TWIST: 1×10
- STOCK: MOE Carbine Stock, Commercial Spec
- FIRE CONTROL: Std AR
- PISTOL GRIP: Magpul MOE
- FRONT / REAR SIGHT: F marked Front sight base, MagPul® BUIS
- FLASH HIDER: Cancellation Brake
- HANDGUARD: MOE Carbine-Length AR15/M16