Precision Target 308 AR 18″
The Mega Arms MATEN Ambidextrous Receiver Set is easily one of the finest 308AR receiver sets available for the DPMS platform. I have been saving the set for a special build, this one. This was originally purchased as part of a group buy and long wait on the 308 AR Forum. Now it’s readily available from Brownells. Visitors to this site please review your Mega Arms MATEN at Brownells. Mega Arms and Brownells are both friends to our sites.
Rainier Arms UltraMatch 18″
I had originally selected a JP Rifles SuperMatch Barrel for this project sort of as a spare no expense approach. Unfortunately the barrels were never available for purchase. Upon receiving an in stock notification for Rainier’s UltraMatch barrel I decided to move this project forward.
We wanted to build an .308 barrel using the finest blank and mass produce them to bring them to market at the most competitive prices. Our UltraMatch™ barrels start out as Shilen blanks and contoured to our specifications. We wanted the best balance between accuracy while keeping the weight down as much as possible. The Rainier Match Chamber is a modified .308 WIN-7.62 NATO chamber to produce ultimate reliability and accuracy shooting both the 7.62 NATO & .308 WIN rounds.
- Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
- Length: 18″
- Twist: 1:10
- Gas Block Seat: .750 Diameter
- Thread Pitch: 5/8X24
- Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz
- .308 Rainier Match Chamber
- Mid Gas System
- 6 Groove
- M4 Feed Ramps
- Proprietary Contour
- Bead Blasted Finish
- Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz
PRECISION REFLEX INC PRI 308AR GEN III DELTA CARBON FIBER FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD
Command Arms CAA Sniper Stock
The Command Arms CAA Sniper Stock is stupid expensive, extremely adjustable, heavy and ugly so what hell I’ll give it a shot. Keeping in mind that local laws require that I fix the stock at whatever length is most comfortable.
SRS – AR15/M16 Advanced Sniper Stock w/ leg for A2 Rifle and SR25
The result of years of research and development. Designed in conjunction with special units of the IDF (Israel Defense Force) this sniper stock is ideally suited to meet the demands of the precision marksman community. Proven to provide rapid target acquisition, faster and more accurate follow up shots, and quicker target-to-target aquisition. Completely adjustable, featuring a folding rear leg that converts an A2, A4 or SR25 rifle with a bipod into a stable shooting platform. Designed for full length stock tube
- 10 position push button adjustable length of pull of stock
- Quick release extendable leg has a coarse and fine push button height adjustment plus a knurled micro height adjustment ring.
- Cheek rest is fully adjustable for height, with knurled knob controlling a spring loaded mechanism to raise the cheekpiece height .
- Cheek piece length can be set at any of 13 click locking positions controlling eye relief adjustment
- Leg locks in 3 positions: 0˚, 45˚, and 90˚
- 2 quick release sling mount points
SRS#: Sniper Stock
Part #: SRS
Fits: AR15/M16, SR25 Rifle
Number of Rails: 4
Made of: Polymer/Alum
Weight (lb): 2.05
Horizontal Adj. : 2.25 in
Length of Pull: 11-14.5 in
Vertical Cheek Adj.: 1.5 in
Vertical Butt Plate Adj.: 2.25 in
Leg Length: 3.5-7.25 in
Hi-Speed National Match – Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Trigger
Despite the temptation to go with the absolute lightest trigger available measured in ounces rather than pounds the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match – Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Trigger is a more appropriate choice. I often let others try my rifles at the range and not everyone is experienced enough to shoot a match trigger with skill.
Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) model combines the light first stage of the Match trigger with the heavier Service second stage to reduce risk of premature release in high stress situations. Perfect for precision tactical and competitive shooting where trigger pull is not regulated. Allows a high rate of semi-auto fire; an experienced shooter can fire 30 rounds in as little as 4½ seconds. First stage, 1.3 to 3 lbs.; second stage, ½ to 1½ lbs.
- Note: When installing this trigger in an LR-308 the machined in trigger guard can sometimes hit the trigger so the bottom of the trigger may need to be relieved.
- Trigger is adjustable for overtravel and sear engagement
- HI-SPEED hammer
- 50% lock time reduction over standard hammer
- Gunsmithing is recommended by the manufacturer, safety clearance is the only known fitting required less than 5% of the time
- Pull Weights: 1st stage 1.3-3lb and 2nd stage 0.5-1.5lb
Battle Arms Development CASS
The BADCASS has become the only safety I will use for any of my black rifles. Roger and the have developed a product that will be difficult to improve upon.
Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip
Over the last few years I have been consistently using Magpul pistol grips on most of my AR15 rifles. For 308 rifles though I tend to prefer grips that are more cushioned and made of grippy rubber like the Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip.