DPMS GII AP4
DPMS GII AP4
GII AP4 Description
The 16” DPMS GII AP4 is everything you would expect from an improvement to the award winning LRAP4, which was the second AR15 to win an NRA Golden Bullseye Award. Which MSR was the first you ask? None other than the DPMS 24” LR308. Lightweight 16” barrel, AP4 Stock, DPMS carbine length Glacier Guard and MagPul® Gen 2 rear sight. RFLR-G2AP4 $1499
GII AP4 Specifications
- CALIBER: 308 / 7.62 Nato
- LENGTH: 34.25″ (Collapsed)
- WEIGHT: 7.25lbs
- BARREL: 16″ Lightweight 4150 Chrome lined
- UPPER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 lvl 3 Anodized, Teflon coated, A3 type
- LOWER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 lvl Anodized, Teflon coated
- TWIST: 1×10
- STOCK: M4 6 Position collapsible
- FIRE CONTROL: Std AR
- PISTOL GRIP: A2
- FRONT / REAR SIGHT: F marked Front sight base, MagPul® BUIS
- FLASH HIDER: Cancellation Brake
- HANDGUARD: Glacier Guard
DPMS GII 308AR
DPMS GII – The heart of the GII is a matched pair of forged, level III anodized, Teflon* coated 7075 receivers, providing improved strength and durability. With the advancements in the forging, feed ramps and bolt geometry, the GII has a shorter overall receiver length, as well as a reduced receiver diameter.
DPMS GII IMPROVEMENTS VERSUS LR-308 308AR
- GII FORWARRD ASSIST – DPMS has listened and provided 308AR shooters something they may or may not actually need. The DPMS GII forged upper receiver features a forward assist that is physically the same as a FORWARD ASSIST found on the AR15/M4 rifle.
- GII FORGED UPPER & LOWER RECEIVERS – Forged upper and lower receivers are contoured to be more ergonomic. Compact design is both lightweight and only 1/2” longer than a 5.56 AR15 receiver, 5/8” shorter than the current LR-308 308AR. Lower receiver incorporates integral trigger guard and accepts any standard AR15 308AR AR-10 pistol grip.
- GII SHELL DEFLECTOR – DPMS redesigned the shell deflector
- GII EJECTION PORT – Lengthened port allows for better, more consistent ejection.
- GII EXTRACTOR – Through countless hours of research, testing, and tens of thousands of fired rounds, DPMS has selected a new extractor material that is nearly impervious to breaking, and a patent pending elastomer extractor spring. We ran tens of thousands of rounds through during testing without fatigue, breakage, failure, and the new materials resisted temperatures from -60˚F to 650˚F+ as well as every gun cleaner, solvent, oil or degreaser we could get our hands on. New extractor material. The new extractor and elastomer extractor spring provide outstanding functional, endurance, and environmental resistance improvements.
- GII DUAL EJECTOR SYSTEM – The GII dual ejector system reduces the ejector spring fatigue. Through duplicity, the likelihood of a failed ejection is significantly reduced.
- GII BARREL EXTENSION FEED RAMP – The DPMS GII incorporates an inserted steel feed ramp, allowing a lighter, smaller barrel extension and receiver, while improving feeding of more ammunition types.
- GII BOLT CARRIER – Reduced weight, yet lighter recoil Reduced mass carrier provides smoother, softer recoil impulse than the GEN1 LR-308 308AR. Reduced mass, forged, monolithic bolt carrierwith forward assist New lightweight, forged, monolithic bolt carrier utilizes an integral gas key tower and removable gas key extension.
- GII BOLT & BARREL EXTENSION – Improved bolt & barrel extension An all new bolt geometry provides superior lockup and strength. The bolt geometry allows a smaller diameter barrel extension to be used, in turn allowing upper receiver to be smaller, reducing overall material and weight without compromising strength.
- BEVELED MAG WELL – The beveled mag well provides a comfortable grip for those that prefer a mag well hold and also aids in quicker mag changes.
DPMS GII ADAPTIBILITY & VERSATILITY
- With its adaptability in accepting standard AR15, M4 fire control and more .223 two piece handguards than before, the GII core also remains versatile in both tactical and hunting configurations. A true game-changer. Accepts more 2 piece AR15 M4 handguards than previous LR-308. Newly designed barrel nut allows the use of .223 diameter free float handguard systems. (Note from 308AR.com – This is somewhat misleading. The DPMS GII utilizes a different barrel nut thread than the AR15 M4. Keyword is “two piece” )
- Accepts standard AR15 M4 fire controls DPMS GII rifles accept standard MSR fire controls for even more adaptability.
- An exceptional tactical rifle Contoured steel feed ramps, revolutionary redesigned extraction system, and a dual ejector design decrease feeding, extraction and ejection malfunctions. Completely re-designed gas delivery system utilizes a monolithic bolt carrier and optimized gas ring clearances to eliminate the possibility of gas leakage during operation.