Bobro Scope Mount
I pictorial of my BOBRO Scope Mount. The “BOBRO Precision Optic Mount 1″, Slightly Extended” model to be exact. Like my BOBRO Bipod this BOBRO Mount is one of my favorite pieces of gear for AR15, AR-10 and 308AR. There was a time not to long ago that these too were difficult to come by. In fact if you wanted to obtain one it was easier to get your hands on the Trijicon private labeled version than the named BOBRO version. Today there are many alternative versions from BOBRO readily available from Trijicon on Amazon and BOBRO branded from Brownells. I should add that if you click that Amazon link there is a bottom view of the Trijicon mount that displays the BOBRO branding.
From the BOBRO website
BOBRO Scope Mount Description
The Precision Optic Mount provides a rock solid, repeat zero scope interface for your weapon platform. It features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system which requires no manual adjustment to attain a proper, rock solid engagement on a 1913 Picatinny rail.
The Precision Optic Mount features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system which was designed around the following parameters:
- Must be compatible with any 1913 Specification Rail, to include systems that are out of specification (within reason) and this includes Weaver rails.
- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.
- Must lock with enough pressure to positively attach any device or optical instrument to a rail without movement, static or dynamic forces not withstanding.
- The rail must not experience any deformation due to user error. This must include synthetic (plastic/polymer/composite) rail systems.
- Auto Index capability. The device must also index parallel to the bore. The unit must always repeat the forward shift (recoil forces direction of influence) not only to maximize zero repeatability, but to take this step of installation out of the users initial mounting sequence. Index must be redundant.
- Unit must not shoot loose due to improper mounting or a mechanical bottoming out.
- The system must incorprate a safety that prevents the lever from being accidentally opened. The safety must be able to be manipulated in conjunction with the lever rotation, so that only one hand is required to open it.
- The unit will utilize constant force to ensure required pressure in all conditions. The force must be substantial to prevent any shift forward/aft left/right.
- The pressure must be applied in a linear direction centered in the main body to prevent cocking of the mount.
- It must be easy to manipulate by gloved or fatigued hands.
- It must be extremely robust, and withstand shock and impact to the system housing.
- There were others, but by listing them we would compromise our trade secrets.
Materials & Construction
The Precision Optic Mount is precision CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat type 3 mil-spec anodized black for a rock hard lasting finish.
- 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Type 3 Hard coat black anodizing
- Weighs only 7.5 ozs!
- Made in the USA!
The Precision Optic Mount has the following specifications:
- Height: 1.330″ from top of 1913 to tube center
- Weight: 7.5oz
- Ring Spacing: 2.950″ inside to inside
- Ring Spacing: 4.670″ outside to outside
- Ring Width: 0.860″ wide (each)