Armalite AR10 Buffer Dimensions
ARMALITE AR10 RECOIL BUFFER SYSTEM DIMENSIONS
Armalite AR10 Buffer Dimensions – To understand the differences between the Armalite AR-10, AR15 (M-15) and 308AR platforms is to have a good understanding of the dimensions involved in the buffer recoil system. The system includes the receiver extension tube or buffer tube, buffer and buffer spring. This page is strictly devoted to the Armalite branded weapons the Armalite AR-10 and Armalite M-15. This information does not apply to DPMS LR-308 and other 308AR firearms.
Thanks to Slash at Heavy Buffers for correcting some incorrect information. Slash knows the recoil systems of AR-10’s , 308 AR’s and AR-15’s better than most. Check out his site for the best buffer and springs for any AR. Visit Heavy Buffers
ARMALITE AR-10 CARBINE RECOIL SYSTEM DIMENSIONS
- Armalite AR-10 Carbine Buffer Dimensions – 3 1/4″ Part Number EC0120
- Armalite AR-10 Carbine Buffer Tube Dimensions – 7-5/8″ Part Number 10207025
- Armalite AR-10 Carbine Spring Dimensions – 13 3/4″ Part Number EA1095 (same as AR-10 Rifle Length Stock)
ARMALITE M-15 CARBINE RECOIL SYSTEM DIMENSIONS
- Armalite M-15 Carbine Buffer Dimensions – 3 1/8″ Part Number EC0030R
- Armalite M-15 Carbine Buffer Tube Dimensions – 6-15/16″ Part Number 15207020
- Armalite M-15 Carbine Spring Dimensions – Max 11-1/4″ Min 10-1/6″ Part Number EC0040
ARMALITE AR-10 RIFLE RECOIL SYSTEM DIMENSIONS
- Armalite AR10 Rifle Buffer Dimensions – 5.2″ Part Number EA1090
- Armalite AR-10 Rifle Buffer Tube Dimensions – 9-11/16″ Part Number EL0370
- Armalite AR-10 Rifle Buffer Spring Dimensions – 13 3/4″ Part Number EA1095 (same as AR-10 Carbine Length Stock)
ARMALITE M-15 RIFLE RECOIL SYSTEM DIMENSIONS
- Armalite M-15 Rifle Buffer Dimensions –5 7/8″ Part Number EL0180
- Armalite M-15 Rifle Buffer Tube Dimensions – 9-11/16″ Part Number EL0370
- Armalite M-15 Rifle Buffer Spring Dimensions – Max 13-1/2″ Min 11-3/4″ Part Number EL0210Save
Links to Other 308 AR | AR-10 | AR 308 Content
Manufacturers | 308 AR Compatibility | Charging Handles | Carbon Fiber Barrels| Barrels | AR Rifle Build Guides | AR Receiver Selection Guide | Trigger Selection Guide | Bolt Carriers | Armalite AR-10 Rifle Parts | AR-10 Rifle Barrel Selection Guide | 308 Scope Selection Guide | Tools | Scope Mounts |
Bad info in the AR10 carbine section. The correct part number for an AR10 carbine buffer spring is EA1095.
The same spring is also used in rifle length stock systems.
EC0040 is an AR15 carbine buffer spring, and should not be used in a .308 AR.