Gas Block Genie Gas Block Alignment Tool
Just spotted this on Brownells. Interesting, inexpensive and reusable tool for proper gas block alignment. Currently only available for .750 barrels but other sizes are coming.
Ever put together an AR build, only to find that your semi-auto cycling system just doesn’t cycle? Looks like that gas-block installation didn’t go as well as you thought it did. Avoid future frustration by adding the Two Two Three Innovations Gas Block Genie to your AR building kit.
Unlike other gas-block alignment tools on the market, the Two Two Three Innovations AR Gas Block Genie Gas Block Alignment Tool can be used again and again, as many times as you want, during your AR build. All it takes is three simple steps.
The type of gas block doesn’t even matter when using the Gas Block Genie. Whether you’re working with clamp-on designs, rail-block designs or micro-size options, the Gas Block Genie can handle it all!
Gas Block Genie Gas Block Alignment Tool Instructional Video
Gas Block Genie Gas Block Alignment Tool Instructions
The Gas Block Genie quickly and easily allows you to perfectly align the AR-15 or AR-10 gas block hole with the gas port in your barrel every time.
- Squeeze the Genie slightly to install into the forward face of the gas block so that the hole in the Genie is centered on the gas block hole. It may be easier to remove the rearmost set screw to do this. Part of the Genie should be sticking out the front side of the gas block
- Use a very fine point marker or scribe to make a mark on the Genie where the forward edge of the gas block is. Make a small mark on the gas block at the slot in the Genie to indicate the top center of the gas block. It may be helpful to use a black marker on a stainless surface and a silver marker on a black surface.
- Remove the Genie from the gas block and snap onto the barrel so that the hole in the Genie is centered around the gas port in the barrel.
- Transfer the mark you made in step 2 to the barrel through the slot in the Genie.
- Remove the Genie and slide the gas block onto the barrel. As the Gas block approaches the barrel’s gas port you will see the line on the barrel and the mark on the front face of the gas block. Simply align the two and you are finished! A perfectly aligned gas block!
Links to Other 308 AR | AR-10 | AR 308 Content
Manufacturers | 308 AR Compatibility | Charging Handles | Carbon Fiber Barrels| Barrels | AR Rifle Build Guides | AR Receiver Selection Guide | Trigger Selection Guide | Bolt Carriers | Armalite AR-10 Rifle Parts | AR-10 Rifle Barrel Selection Guide | 308 Scope Selection Guide | Tools |