The Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver helps you build a big-bore AR from the ground up. Mil-spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in Anodized Black
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw
- Platform M5 (.308)
- Material Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Finish Anodized Black
- Markings “Cal Multi”
- Compatibility Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Weight 12.2oz
- Other Includes upper tension screw
Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver
Aero Precision has been offering monthly runs of AR15 and 308AR parts in custom finishes. Septembers Aero Precision 308AR Burnt Bronze Builder Set is gorgeous and an outstanding value for the 308AR platform. Note: The builder sets are special runs and you need to get you order in when the sets are announced.
September features our first M5 Monthly Builder Set. This package deal features the pieces you need to assemble your own Burnt Bronze Cerakote M5E1 (.308) Rifle, including an M5 Lower Receiver, M5E1 Upper Receiver and 15″ KeyMod Handguard all in Burnt Bronze Cerakote. Stand out at the range with a unique and eye catching build. This is a one time offer for this color – once they are gone, they are gone!
- M5 Lower Receiver
- M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver
- 15″ KeyMod Handguard
- All 3 pieces are finished in Burnt Bronze Cerakote
Note: Aero Precision 308AR M5 Lower Receivers require their own Extended Magazine Catch Button APRH308185. It’s $5 Personally I think it should be included with their lower receivers.
The Extended Magazine Catch Button is a drop in replacement for the standard lower receiver magazine catch button. This extended button is longer, allowing it to protrude the proper distance when used with our M5 Lower Receiver.
Aero Precision 308AR Burnt Bronze Builder Set
Machined from 7075 T6 aluminum, the CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER LOWER RECEIVER SET is ideal for starting an AR-style .308 rifle build. Receiver set uses standard DPMS type .308 lower parts, bolt carrier group, charging handle, and dust cover. Upper receiver is compatible with DPMS high profile style .308 handguards. Bolt catch assembly uses a hex head screw instead of a roll pin for easier installation. Upper tension screw is built into the lower so tightening the upper to lower is quick and easy. Ultra flared magwell on lower is wire EDM cut to accept P-Mags. Receiver set includes take down pin detent spring retention screw and a Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized finish. Does not come with forward assist. Visit Cross Machine Tool
- UHP-10 LOWER CNC MACHINED FROM 7075 T6 BILLET
- UPUR-10 UPPER PRECISION MACHINED FROM 7075 T6 BILLET-DPMS HIGH PROFILE
- TYPE III CLASS II ANODIZED
- WIRE EDM MAG-WELL PROFILE IN LOWER- ACCEPTS PMAGS
- .154 DIAMETER TRIGGER & HAMMER PIN HOLES IN LOWER
- UPPER TENSIONING SCREW IN LOWER
- INTEGRALLY MACHINED TRIGGER GUARD
- ULTRA FLARED MAGWELL ON LOWER
- BOLT CATCH ASSEMBLY SCREW (No Roll Pin to install)
- USES STANDARD DPMS TYPE .308 LOWER PARTS KITS / BCG/ DUSTCOVER
- UPPER RECEIVER IS COMPATIBLE WITH DPMS HIGH PROFILE 308 HANDGUARDS
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST MANUFACTURE DEFECTS
CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER LOWER RECEIVER SET
- Extended upper fire control box sections.
- Upper left magazine well box section.
- Webbed magazine wells L & R side (matched for MagPul) magazines.
- Extended bolt release roll pin posts.
- New JMT Gen2 logo markings.
- DPMS Compliant
IN FIELD DURABILITY
To date the MATEN is my absolute favorite 308AR Lower/Upper. Fit finish and style that are unsurpassed. The MEGA ARMS MATEN billet receiver set will accept ALL DPMS & Knight Armament parts. All Armalite parts with the exception of the barrel nut, and magazine. Build your ultimate hunting, tactical or target rifle without having to compromise. The MEGA ARMS MATEN will be sold only in sets (upper and lower) including a charging handle, threaded bolt catch pin, take down pins, tensioning screw, and door. This was done to guarantee the best possible upper to lower fit and finish. Using the MEGA ARMS MATEN platform also allows you the most options on your next build.
• The Mega Arms MATEN upper and lower receivers accept the widest variety of .308 components on the market.
• Included in this new platform: upper receiver, lower receiver, billet charging handle, threaded bolt catch pin, take down pins, dust cover door & upper receiver tensioning screw.
• Our billet upper & lower have been designed to be the most versatile and compatible platform available. A truly unique look and flawless function is what you should expect.
• We know you will rely on your new weapon like a tool, and that’s what you will get when using the Mega Arms MATEN. Strong & light weight, you can build your next rifle with the best of both worlds.
• Comes standard with laser engraved “T” numbers.
• Priced lower than most competitor’s forged sets.
• Integrated trigger guard for added functionality, and strength.
• Billet charging handle features an anti-slip surface for improved grip.
I just saw this at Brownells. A .338 Federal Marked Stripped Lower for $109. This can be used for a 308AR and is a great price.
338 Federal 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver – Rugged, fully machined 338 lower is ready to be the foundation of a hard-hitting long-range tactical, competition, or hunting rifle built to meet your exact specifications. Precision milled from a solid billet of high-grade 7029 T6 aluminum, with extra metal in the right places to handle thousands of rounds of full-power ammo without flexing or stress-cracking. Mil-spec hardcoat anodized for extra surface strength and corrosion resistance. Beveled mag well aids in fast reloads, and the integral, straight triggerguard milled from the billet with the rest of the receiver provides clearance for a gloved trigger finger while adding to the structural strength of the receiver.
Accepts standard 308-AR upper receivers & components.