BUY 308 AR LOWER RECEIVERS NOW!
DPMS 308 LOWER above a CMMG AR 15 Lower
A gun owner does not need to be a genius to understand what is at risk with the upcoming presidential election. Hillary Clinton’s gun control position is well known. If elected she no doubt has the perfect timing and opportunity to devastate or Second Amendment and god given right. She no doubt will appoint a Superior Court Justice that will severely tip the vote more anti-gun liberal than it is now. Donald Trump is something altogether something different and an unknown. We do know despite coming out very pro gun he is also a New York Republican. That should not be underestimated. Learn from past mistakes and buy 308 AR Lower Receivers Now.
I have lived in a state that had an assault weapons ban before the federal assault weapons ban of 1994. This state implemented further restrictions after the Sandy Hook shootings.
Why should I buy 308 AR Lower Receivers?
Why should I buy 308 AR Lower Receivers? There are a few answers to this question.
- 308 AR Lower Availability – 308 Lowers stop being sold as separate parts as supplies dwindle. This is because firearms manufacturers need to commit inventory to complete rifles. This is simple economics
- 308 AR Lower Cost – The 308 AR Lower Receiver is the “Registered” part of the gun. Individual 308 Lowers are much cheaper to purchase than a complete 308 AR Rifle. In fact you can probably buy a lifetime supply of 308 Lowers for the cost of one complete 308 AR Rifle.
- Grandfathered Firearms – This detail is very important. Historically when gun laws change what a shooter currently owns with be “grandfathered” Meaning what you currently own you can do what you wish with to some degree. Gun law changes typically begin with new purchases with limited or minor changes to existing guns. Bottom line it’s better to own “Something” rather than “Nothing”
What 308 AR Lower Receivers Should I Buy?
While the choice of which 308 AR Lower Receivers to buy is personal preference I will attempt make a few points to consider before buy. In my opinion it’s best to buy 308 lowers that are as DPMS 308 compatible as possible (Not DPMS G2). Avoid the designs that use unique Bolt Carriers, Safety Selectors and Barrel Extensions. The DPMS 308 AR Upper and 308 AR lower are the most copied receiver profiles. This fact makes the style pretty interchangeable. If you are considering a 308 AR Lower that is somewhat unique in profile it would also be a great idea to buy the matching upper receiver at the same time.
Below are links to 308 AR Receivers mostly at Brownells. Keep a watchful eye on the Aero Precision Website. They are expecting to be caught up with the 308 rifle backlog very soon. Don’t forget to visit your local gun shop. Often they have overpriced but available stock. Look for gun shops that specialize in AR Rifles and Silencers.
Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver
The Aero Precision M5 308 AR Stripped Lower Receiver helps you build a big-bore AR from the ground up. Mil-spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in Anodized Black
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw
- Platform M5 (.308)
- Material Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Finish Anodized Black
- Markings “Cal Multi”
- Compatibility Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Weight 12.2oz
- Other Includes upper tension screw
Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver
Aero Precision 308AR Burnt Bronze Builder Set
Aero Precision has been offering monthly runs of AR15 and 308 AR parts in custom finishes. Septembers Aero Precision 308 AR Burnt Bronze Builder Set is gorgeous and an outstanding value for the 308 AR platform. Note: The builder sets are special runs and you need to get you order in when the sets are announced.
September features our first M5 Monthly Builder Set. This package deal features the pieces you need to assemble your own Burnt Bronze Cerakote M5E1 (.308) Rifle, including a AR308 M5 Lower Receiver, M5E1 AR308 Upper Receiver and 15″ KeyMod Handguard all in Burnt Bronze Cerakote. Stand out at the range with a unique and eye catching build. This is a one time offer for this color – once they are gone, they are gone!
- M5 Lower Receiver
- M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver
- 15″ KeyMod Handguard
- All 3 pieces are finished in Burnt Bronze Cerakote
Extended Magazine Catch Button APRH308185
Note: Aero Precision 308AR M5 Lower Receivers require their own Extended Magazine Catch Button APRH308185. It’s $5 Personally I think it should be included with their lower receivers.
The Extended Magazine Catch Button is a drop in replacement for the standard lower receiver magazine catch button. This extended button is longer, allowing it to protrude the proper distance when used with our M5 Lower Receiver.
Aero Precision 308AR Burnt Bronze Builder Set
CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER & LOWER RECEIVER SET
Machined from 7075 T6 aluminum, the CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER LOWER RECEIVER SET is ideal for starting an AR-style .308 rifle build. Receiver set uses standard DPMS type .308 lower parts, bolt carrier group, charging handle, and dust cover. Upper receiver is compatible with DPMS high profile style .308 handguards. Bolt catch assembly uses a hex head screw instead of a roll pin for easier installation. Upper tension screw is built into the lower so tightening the upper to lower is quick and easy. Ultra flared magwell on lower is wire EDM cut to accept P-Mags. Receiver set includes take down pin detent spring retention screw and a Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized finish. Does not come with forward assist. Visit Cross Machine Tool
- UHP-10 LOWER CNC MACHINED FROM 7075 T6 BILLET
- UPUR-10 UPPER PRECISION MACHINED FROM 7075 T6 BILLET-DPMS HIGH PROFILE
- TYPE III CLASS II ANODIZED
- WIRE EDM MAG-WELL PROFILE IN LOWER- ACCEPTS PMAGS
- .154 DIAMETER TRIGGER & HAMMER PIN HOLES IN LOWER
- UPPER TENSIONING SCREW IN LOWER
- INTEGRALLY MACHINED TRIGGER GUARD
- ULTRA FLARED MAGWELL ON LOWER
- BOLT CATCH ASSEMBLY SCREW (No Roll Pin to install)
- USES STANDARD DPMS TYPE .308 LOWER PARTS KITS / BCG/ DUSTCOVER
- UPPER RECEIVER IS COMPATIBLE WITH DPMS HIGH PROFILE 308 HANDGUARDS
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST MANUFACTURE DEFECTS
CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER LOWER RECEIVER SET ASSEMBLY NOTES
CMT 308 AR STRIPPED BILLET UPPER LOWER RECEIVER SET
James Madison Tactical JMT 308AR Lower Receiver 80%
James Madison Tactical JMT 308AR 80% Lower Receiver
This is the all new James Madison Tactical .308 80% lower receiver. JMT is constantly evolving with products to deliver the ultimate lowers in the industry. JMT has now engineered the best polymer/composite .308 on the market today unparallel by any other with the same refined cosmetics that you find in our AR-15 composite / polymer lower. We invite you to take a look and compare the new JMT .308 to the competition. After doing so, we are completely confident you will choose JMT.
Key enhancements include:
- Extended upper fire control box sections.
- Upper left magazine well box section.
- Webbed magazine wells L & R side (matched for MagPul) magazines.
- Extended bolt release roll pin posts.
- New JMT Gen2 logo markings.
- DPMS Compliant
The polymer 80% lower receiver for your .308 platform is engineered and manufactured by James Madison Tactical (JMT) in the USA. This is not your average polymer 80 lower, in fact, The JMT .308 80% lower is fully engineered using current finite element structural analysis for reliable, long-term high performance.
POLYMER 80 versus ALUMINUM
After much research in polymer .308 lowers, JMT created its own formula of hybrid polymers and fibers with additional reinforcements in high stress areas to bring you the best .308 lower on the market today. All of the JMT polymer 80 lowers are engineered to Mil Spec tolerances and because it is fashioned from extremely durable fiber polymer materials there are no concerns about corrosion as you may find in aluminum .308 lowers.
IN FIELD DURABILITY
JMT uses only the best high quality hybrid polymer/composite materials, advanced engineering, precision manufacturing and stringent quality controls. This way you can trust it not only in the harshest field environments but for personal protection as well.
The Polymer 80 .308 80% lower is designed specifically to Mil Spec tolerances for a high level of interchangeability with other Mil Spec .308 parts and accessories on the market today. This is achieved through current technology and computer aided manufacturing processes combined with exacting quality control procedures.
PERSONAL DEFENSE AND PROTECTION
How you decide to defend and protect yourself and your family is a personal matter. No one wishes to experience a personal breach of your safety or a home invasion but it does happen. The mission at JMT is to give you the assurance in a product you can trust.
The operations left to be completed to complete your JMT .308 80% lower are as follows: fire control group, trigger pin, hammer pin, trigger slot and the safety selector hole. This is a not an FFL item. This is not a complete receiver and still requires machining to be done.