Aero Precision OEM 308AR
Aero Precision 308AR OEM Rifle – As I have previously mentioned on our AR15 sites I really like the concept of these Aero Precision OEM rifles. They consist of completely assembled rifles without a sights, buttstock and handguard at a cost savings greater than the sum of the omitted parts. Basically we are not forced to buy parts we never use. Well today I decided it was time to see what was going on at our best supporter Brownells and low and behold they have a ” Brownells Exclusive” Aero Precision 308 AR OEM rifle. Priced right about the price of the no frills least expensive 308AR rifles from other manufacturers. In my opinion the Aero Precision 308AR OEM Rifle is a better quality value.
The Aero Precision 308AR OEM Rifle is not available directly from Aero Precision and is currently available as a preorder from Brownells. Any visitors purchasing one of these please join the forum and share your build results and pictures with the group.
- Receivers – Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum Receivers.
- Lower Receiver includes flared magazine well and upper tension screw to remove upper/lower play.
- Finish – Matte black hard anodized.
- Bolt Carrier Group – 9310 Bolt, 8620 Carrier and mil-spec components. Bolt is High Pressure Tested, Magnetic Particle Inspected and shot-peened.
- Bolt Carrier Group Finish – Phosphate with chrome lined carrier & gas key.
- Barrel – Chambered in 308 Winchester (accepts 7.62x51mm NATO). 1-10 Twist. Profile – tapered.
- Barrel Length – 18″
- Gas System – Rifle length with installed gas block and tube.
- Barrel Threads – 5/8-24 barrel thread pitch includes an installed A2 flash hider.
- Barrel Finish – QPQ nitride.
- Receiver Extension – Mil-Spec diameter buffer tube assembly with carbine buffer.
- Compataibility – Accepts DPMS 308 components & magazines (PMAG compatible)
Aero Precision 308AR OEM Rifle
Aero Precision Nickel Boron 308 AR Bolt Carrier Group
There are a couple simple reasons to utilize a Nickel Boron 308 AR Bolt Carrier Group in your 308AR and AR-10 rifles. The Nickel Boron Coating by FailZero is super slippery this means the bolt carrier group can operate with much less lubricant, the bolt carrier group will be easier to clean and the coating should allow the bolt carrier group to outlast the weapon under normal operating conditions. Less wear will also occur in the upper receiver. The finish also looks pretty slick.
The Aero Precision upgraded .308/7.62 Nickel Boron 308AR Bolt Carrier Group BCG is an eye catching addition to your AR build. Mil- spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface. Visit Aero Precision
- Carrier is machined from 8620 steel
- Nickel Boron coated
- Bolt is machined from 9310 steel
- Forward Assist serrations
- Weight: 17.92oz
- Bolt carrier
- Complete bolt
- Firing pin
- Cam pin
- Retaining pin
Platform 308AR DPMS
Nickel Boron coating by Fail Zero. Learn more about Fail Zero Nickel Boron Coating Services.
Drop-in bolt and carrier group has a self-lubricating surface that eliminates the need to apply oil or grease that can attract dirt, dust, unburned powder, and carbon and lead to cycling failures. Proprietary EXO-treated Nickel Boron finish produces an exceptionally hard surface that’s 40% more wear resistant than chrome plating, with an ultra-low friction coefficient. Surface is actually harder than the substrate underneath and will not peel, flake, gall, or rub off. EXO-treated Nickel Boron finish bolt/carrier groups have been tested to function reliably without additional lubrication up to 50,000 rounds. Reduced friction also means less heat generated by metal-on-metal contact, so the gun runs cooler and parts last longer. Easy to clean, too—fouling brushes right off. Before treatment, parts are shot peened for surface uniformity and magnetic particle inspected to make sure there are no hidden flaws. Gas key is hardened to USGI specs, chrome lined to resist erosion, and comes already staked to the carrier.
Aero Precision Nickel Boron 308 AR Bolt Carrier Group
Aero Precision M5E1 308 AR 16 Inch EK-12 Handguard FDE Cerakote APCR308012
Aero Precision M5E1 FDE 308AR 16″ Barrel
M5E1 Complete Rifle, 16″ .308 Barrel, EK-12 Handguard – FDE Cerakote APCR308012 – The Aero Precision M5E1 Complete Rifle features a custom integrated upper receiver and hand guard system. This extremely rigid design allows for a stronger handguard mounting platform to accommodate a multitude of optic requirements. The handguard system is free-floated, giving the owner superior performance and accuracy.
All complete rifles are assembled by our professional gunsmiths and are tested prior to leaving our facility. Buy with confidence when you purchase an Aero Precision Complete Rifle. Visit Aero Precision
- Upper: M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver in FDE Cerakote
- Barrel: 16″ .308, Mid-Length, 1:10 Twist, 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, QPQ corrosion resistant finish
- Handguard: Enhanced Series Handguard of choice
- Gas System: Low Profile Gas Block and Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: 8620 Steel, Phosphate Finish, Properly Staked, 7.62 Bolt
- Muzzle Device: Standard A2 Flash Hider
- Lower: M5 Lower Receiver with tension screw and integrated trigger guard
- Lower Parts Kit: Standard M5 .308 Lower Parts Kit
- Buffer Kit: Standard Mil-Spec M5 .308 Buffer Kit
- Stock: Magpul STR Stock
- Grip: Magpul MOE Grip
Aero Precision M5E1 FDE 308AR