Lancer L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazine | Lancer L7AWM Magazine
Lancer L7AWM Magazine
Among AR-15 shooters the Magpul PMAG is the reigning king of popularity. The PMAG is inexpensive, looks great and is very reliable. Magpul also has the best marketing of any magazine manufacturer. That said among AR purists their are better (and much more expensive magazines). The HK and Lancer Systems L5 come to mind. That brings us to today’s welcome entry in to the 308 AR magazine field, the Lancer L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazine.
Lancer L5AWM and Lancer L7AWM are of an interesting design and construction. The magazine bodies are polymer with a steel insert for the feed lips. While this construction is not unique the polymer body characteristics are. The key difference is a flexible body. The flexible body allows the magazine to remain flexible and survive impacts and conditions that might disable AR magazine of steel, aluminum and other rigid construction materials.
When they set out to develop a tough and reliable .308 polymer magazine on the market, Lancer took engineering inspiration from the L5AWM (5.56) and the SIG Sauer MPX, combining the best advances of both to bring the Lancer L7AWM Magazine to life.
Lancer L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazine | L7AWM Magazine
LANCER L7AWM MAGAZINE FEATURES
- Impact resistant polymer body
- Insert molded stainless front guard, resistant for high volume shooting
- Stainless rear feed lip, provides a durable stable platform for feeding
- Available with translucent or opaque body
- Straight internal geometry with a controlled tilt follower
- Stainless steel spring
- Slide on bottom with a switchable drain
- Aggressive texture to improve gripping and retrieval from pouches
- Designed, tooled, manufactured & assembled in the United States of America
The Lancer L7AWM Magazine is lightweight with steel feed lips that wrap completely around the magazine to maximize stiffness and reliability while preventing dimpling to the front of the magazine. A switchable drain lock in the floor plate comes standard on all L7s, allowing users to configure the magazine for either water-borne or extreme dust conditions. The L7AWM is designed to work in multiple weapon systems.
Magpul Sand PMAG 20 LR Magazines
Magpul Sand PMAG LR Magazines – Magpul quietly introduced a new “Sand” color to it’s outstanding line of AR15, M4 PMAGS and PMAG LR/SR 308AR AR-10 Magazines. The Magpul Sand PMAG LR Magazines for AR15 and M4 platforms are in the following capacities:
- 10 rounds PMAG 10 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG559SND
- 20 Rounds PMAG 20 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG560SND
- 30 Rounds PMAG 30 AR/M4 Gen M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG557SND
- 30 Rounds with Window (Maglevel) PMAG 30 AR/M4 Window Gen M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG556SND
- 40 Rounds PMAG 40 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG233SND
For the 308AR AR-10 Platforms
- 25 Rounds PMAG 25 M118 LR/SR GEN M3 Window, Sand Mfr Part: MAG577SND
- 20 Rounds PMAG 20 LR/SR GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG291SND
- 10 Rounds PMAG 10 LR/SR GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG290SND
The next-generation PMAG 30 GEN M3 is a 30-round 5.56×45 NATO (.223 Remington) polymer magazine for AR15/M4 compatible weapons. Along with expanded feature set and compatibility, the GEN M3 incorporates new material technology and manufacturing processes for enhanced strength, durability, and reliability to exceed rigorous military performance specifications.
While the GEN M3 is optimized for Colt-spec AR15/M4 platforms, modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a range of additional weapons such as the HK® 416/MR556A1/M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others.
Similar to the MOE PMAG, the GEN M3 features a long-life USGI-spec stainless steel spring, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning.
In addition, a redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons. Low profile ribs and new aggressive front and rear texture gives positive control of the GEN M3 in all environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate aids extraction and handling of the magazine while providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches. An included pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to minimize debris intrusion and protect against potential damage to the top cartridge during storage and transit.
- Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Modified dimensions allow for wider compatibility with non Colt-spec platforms
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life USGI-spec stainless steel spring
- Over-travel insertion stop on the spine
- Ribbed gripping surface and new aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with many double and triple pouches
- Pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to minimize debris intrusion and for ammunition protection in storage and transit
Magpul Sand PMAG Magazines