The Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver helps you build a big-bore AR from the ground up. Mil-spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in Anodized Black
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw
- Platform M5 (.308)
- Material Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Finish Anodized Black
- Markings “Cal Multi”
- Compatibility Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Weight 12.2oz
- Other Includes upper tension screw
Aero Precision M5 308AR Stripped Lower Receiver
Aero Precision 308AR Standard Lower Parts Kit APRH100160 helps you to build a custom .308 AR from the ground up. Mil- spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
- Aero Precision M5 (.308) Complete Lower Parts Kit
- The custom takedown and pivot pins are made to work with our M5 lower. They will work with DPMS-pattern lowers as well but will stick out further.
- Takedown/pivot Spring
- Takedown/pivot detent
- Trigger/hammer pin
- M5 .308 Takedown pin
- M5 .308 Pivot pin
- M5 .308 Bolt Catch
- Bolt Catch Spring
- Bolt Catch Buffer
- Bolt Catch Roll pin
- Safety Selector
- Safety Selector Spring
- Safety Selector Detent
- Buffer Retainer
- Buffer Retainer Spring
- A2 Pistol Grip
- Pistol Grip Screw
- Pistol Grip Lock Washer
- Trigger Spring
- Hammer Spring
- Disconnector Spring
- Magazine Catch Body
- Magazine Catch Spring
- Extended Magazine Catch Button
Aero Precision 308AR Standard Lower Parts Kit APRH100160
308AR AR-10 Bolt Catch Pin – The bolt catch pin, one of the smallest parts on the 308AR, AR-10 and AR-15 platform weapons is a part that can stop an AR-10 308AR build dead in it’s tracks if you didn’t purchase the correct one or the correct LOWER PARTS KIT for your STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER. Here’s why. The AR-15 platform uses a roll pin and that’s taken for granted when shooters move up to the AR-10 and 308AR platforms. Unfortunately this is where the topic gets muddy.
The Armalite AR-10 utilizes a roll pin Armalite part number EL0220 which is the same as their M-15/AR15 rifles. while DPMS LR-308 based weapon utilize a proprietary hybrid pin/screw.
This screw is essentially set screw who’s threads have been removed from one end creating a hybrid screw type pin. Now unfortunately though not all DPMS LR-308 based LOWER RECEIVERS utilize the hybrid BOLT CATCH PIN. Some manufacturers utilize the roll pin method identical to the Armalite AR-10. The first that comes to mind is Aero Precision.
Now further complicating the mix at least one AR15 manufacturer has begun utilizing the hybrid screw rather than the milspec roll pin used universally on the platform for decades.
308AR AR-10 Bolt Catch Pin
308AR AR15 AR-10 Roll Pin Tools – One of my pet peeves from folks who assemble their own AR15 AR-10 308AR rifles is the sloppy installation of the various roll pins the rifles require. In all fairness there are a few roll pins that present a challenge to the inexperienced and experienced alike. The BOLT CATCH ROLL PIN comes to mind as does the FORWARD ASSIST ROLL PIN. The BOLT CATCH ROLL PIN is positioned quite close to the body of the LOWER RECEIVER and requires a ROLL PIN PUNCH to have a flat side to properly install.
I have searched the internet shooting forums and websites as well polled user of my own forums for a better way to install roll pins. In that search I found some creative approaches but nothing that worked any better than my own approach of taping a ROLL PIN to a ROLL PIN PUNCH. Well that was then this is now. Brownells offers a ROLL PIN STARTER SET they refer to as ROLL PIN HOLDERS. The pins are available individually or as a set for just under $50. I opted for the set.
BROWNELLS 308AR AR15 AR-10 ROLL PIN HOLDER OPERATION:
The roll pin holders are genius. As seen in the image above the ROLL PIN HOLDERS are simply a punch that has a hollow tip the diameter of a given roll pin. Place the ROLL PIN in the correct ROLL PIN PUNCH HOLDER and with a plastic faced or brass hammer carefully tap in the ROLL PIN. To prevent damage to the the WEAPON stop hammering before the ROLL PIN HOLDER contacts the part that accepting the ROLL PIN. At that point switch to a regular ROLL PIN PUNCH, the type with a half round nose and finish driving the ROLL PIN flush.
NOTES ON ROLL PIN HOLDER USE:
- Cover any part of your weapon with masking tape followed by duct tape in an area that could be damaged from ROLL PIN INSTALLATION. The masking tape serves as a great protector for your weapon. The underlying masking tape makes duct tape removal a simple process.
- Grease – I like to apply a small amount of grease in the ROLL PIN HOLE to help with proper installation. I also add a small amount of grease to the inside of the ROLL PIN HOLDER to help prevent the ROLL PIN from falling out and getting lost should I have a brain lapse.
- For finishing the BOLT CATCH ROLL PIN INSTALLATION I suggest the BOLT CATCH PIN PUNCH from Brownells. It is almost entirely flat on one side making installing the BOLT CATCH ROLL PIN the rest of the way a breeze.
308AR AR-10 AR-15 Bolt Catch Pin Punch – Specially made, slab-sided punch clears left side of the magazine well allowing bolt catch pivot pin to be removed by driving it to the rear.
308AR AR15 AR-10 Roll Pin Tools
Aero Precisions October limited run builder set is for the AR15 platform and NOT 308AR/AR-10. Too interesting not to share here though. BlownDeadline is certainly taking Cerakote to a new level these days and the “Battleworn Orange Grey” finish is a testament to that. This picture above reflects a 15″ KeyMod handguard,M-Lok is also available. Visit Aero Precision for ordering information.
Aero Precision Battleworn Orange Grey AR15 Builder Set APPG100025
The October Monthly Builder Set from Aero Precision features a custom Battleworn Orange/Grey Cerakote finish done by BlownDeadline, an industry leader in custom firearms coatings! These pieces feature a custom blend cerakote and are hand finished with no two sets being the same.
This package deal includes the finished pieces you need to assemble your own Battleworn Orange/Grey AR15 M4E1 Rifle, including an M4E1 Upper Receiver, Gen 2 Lower Receiver, Enhanced Handguard and Billet Trigger Guard all custom finished in Battleworn Orange/Grey. Stand out at the range with a unique and eye catching build. This is a one time offer for this color – once they are gone, they are gone!
- M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver
- AR15 Gen 2 Stripped Lower Receiver
- 15″ KeyMod or M-LOK Handguard
- Billet Trigger Guard
- All 4 pieces are finished in Battleworn Orange/Grey
Aero Precision Battleworn Orange Grey AR15 Builder Set APPG100025
The Armalite DEF10B AR-10 is the latest addition to the Defensive Sporting Rifle family. This multi-purpose rifle is the most popular of our product line and now comes in B-Series.
Legendary Armalite quality in a streamlined platform. the Defensive Sporting Rifle is a high quality, no frills rifle well suited for duty, sport, or defense. The The Armalite DEF10B AR-10 uses a double lapped, chrome lined/chrome moly barrel for extreme durability and accuracy and comes with two steel magazines.
Armalite DEF10B AR-10 Features
- 16″ double lapped, chrome lined/chrome moly barrel
- 1:11.25″ twist
- Single stage trigger
- Flash suppressor
- 6-position collapsible stock
- Mil-Std 1913 rail gas block
- Forged flat top upper receiver with Mil-Std 1913 rail
- Forged 7175-T73 aluminum lower receiver
- Anodized aluminum upper/lower receiver
- Managnese phosphated steel barrel
- One 10-round & one 25-round magazine
- Manufacturer – ArmaLite 745 South Hanford Street, P.O. Box 299, Geneseo, IL 61254, 309-944-6939, www.armalite.com
- Manufacturer Part Number – DEF10B
- Item Number – GDEF10B
- UPC -651984016862
- BARREL LENGTH IN INCHES – 16″
- CALIBER -.308 WINCHESTER
- CHECKERING – N0
- DETACHABLE MAGAZINE – Yes
- HINGED FLOORPLATE – No
- MAGAZINE CAPACITY – 10
- METAL FINISH -ANODIZED MIL-SPEC TEFLON BLACK
- CHROME MOLY LINED BARREL, FORGED FLAT-TOP UPPER WITH 1913 RAIL, 7075-T6 ALUMINUM MIL-STD FRONT SIGHT BASE, 1913 RAIL, GAS BLOCK,
- OVERALL LENGTH IN INCHES – 38.300″
- RATE OF TWIST – 1:11.25″
- RECOIL PAD – No
- SIGHTS – No
- STOCK FINISH -BLACK MATTE
- STOCK MATERIAL -SYNTHETIC
- SWIVEL STUDS – Yes
- TYPE ACTION – SEMI-AUTOMATIC
- WEIGHT IN POUNDS -7.9
- SINGLE STAGE TRIGGER
- 6-POSITION COLLAPSIBLE STOCK
- 1-10 AND 1-25 ROUND AR-10 ARMALITE MAGAZINES